- It’s the ultimate book for surviving the toxic workplace and protecting your career from getting burned. It begins with an out of nowhere warning from Cecil, the detached CEO, and ends with intrigue in an office politics drama that will have you reaching for your resume, notepad and aspirin. It’s filled at every turn with information you need to know to survive the toughest professional challenges.
- Recently named Amazon’s ‘#1 Hot New Release’ for Workplace Management books. A 4.8 star rating on Amazon. Critical acclaim from authors, business leaders, political figures, and the media.
- A gripping, relatable, and compelling story from Pete Havel’s own fictionalized experience of what can go wrong when cultures go bad. It offers solutions for protecting companies and careers from bad behavior.
- You’ll meet the characters at “The Firm”, who jump off the page in vivid detail. You’ll then be able to spot the awful arsonists, mushy managers, self-serving CEOs, and horrifying HR gurus who can crush your career.
- It’s the leadership and management book chosen by executives, managers, and employees as a guide to create a better workplace and not get burned.
How Can "The Arsonist in the Office" Help?
How can you protect yourself in an out-of-control, toxic workplace?
What are the warning signs?
How do you fight fire with fire to take on bad behavior in an organization, create safeguards, and extinguish the wildfires that spread?
This book offers tools and information everyone can use to defend themselves and their organizations against toxic people and cultures.
Learn to identify toxic behaviors, destructive people, warning signs, escape routes, and ways to build a culture that fireproofs against bad behavior.
Office politics and toxic workplaces can and will affect your paycheck, future, and reputation if you don’t protect yourself.
“The Arsonist in the Office” gives you what you need to survive, and live to fight another day.
Are you ready to fireproof yourself and your organization? Then it’s time to extinguish the arsonist in your office. Buy your copy of “The Arsonist in the Office” today.
Who Needs ‘The Arsonist in the Office?’
CEOs, Managers, Employees, HR to Lawyers
It’s a must for CEOs trying to rein in chaos, boost productivity, and put some teeth in ethics and policies. Indispensable for employees getting burned by the toxic coworker next door. Required reading for managers defending themselves from the saboteur, undercutter, and schemer. Rocket fuel for HR directors who need tools to deal with the headaches they’re assigned every day. And knowledge for lawyers who need to understand the risk of doing nothing.
Jobhunters and Recent Graduates
It’s a deep dive into the ‘real world’, providing the tools and knowledge needed to ID a toxic employer. ‘The Arsonist in the Office’ is an unforgettable story of what the job from hell looks like and the lessons you can learn to avoid those jobs and protect yourself. It’s an M.B.A in professional C.Y.A.
Whether you’re in a PTA, a church, or a chamber, you’ve probably run into that volunteer who is trouble from Day One. And inevitably, they’re usually the big donor, the connected networker, or the power broker who’s the ultimate landmine because it’s tough to fire a volunteer! Learn how to navigate those situations and win!
Anyone Who Works with Other People
You’ll be on the edge of your seat because The Arsonist in the Office brings a teachable moment story to life in an ‘it sucks you in and won’t let go’ kind of way. Called ‘spit out my coffee kind of funny’, ‘a joyride around Dante’s 9th circle of hell’, and ‘an instructive read that had me taking notes and holding my breath’, you will learn the skills you need to survive toxic people and the cultures they create. And learn how to improve the culture in your organization.